It all started in the month of January when i requested Mehul Patel to file an event on behalf of me. He is a helpful person who really want to spread the Mozilla Love to all corners of India not only to his region. I met him during the MakerParty’17 in Ahmedabad.
So he filed the event and he make sure that everything is arranged. As the time come for the event which is 18th and 19th Feb, 2017 I was informed by one of the Club member of Mozilla MITS that their administration in not allowing them to have this event. So we have to postpone the dates as they are willing to have this event after Holi ( i.e during 18th-19th March ) but it didn’t happen again. So finally after this much effort and continuous rejection few members of the Club is ready to attend this event and get back to their college and take a fresh start.
It was a Sunday morning when students from MITS came to jaipur for a meeting where we discussed about the failure of their club and what all difficulties they were facing. It was a wonderful time to introduce the Collaborative Club culture where clubs from different cities which work together to accomplish a common goal.
Unicorn Club members also came to the venue where they have said the same problem as MITS said. How to Start ? Where to start with ? And What we need to do as a beginner ?
Event started with a brief introduction of all of the participant and answer to a question. What problem did he faced in Mozilla Club?
So here goes the structure I presented them :
- Join the proper information channel from where they’ll get to know what is happening in Mozilla in general. eg Facebook Group,Telegram,Discourse, mailing-list.
- I told them my story , how I came in mozilla and what mozilla gave me.
- Mozilla Campus Club. What is it? How they can get the benefits? What all activities they can do.
- WebVR , What is WebVR and how to get started in A-frame.
- MozActivate’s projects: Rust,WebVR,TestPilot and WebCompat were discussed and how to get started with these.
- As a fresher they can start with QA, L10n and SuMo what they were already doing in past.
- We prepared a time line where each club will be having a small sprint of each projects discussed above. To start with they will have a follow up event where they will be testing add-ons listed in TestPilot website.
- Also they were told about the necessary things they have to do before and after the event. Involve , spread and share about the their event in proper medium and blog,pictures and feedback after the event.
Then we had an awesome lunch with all the participants. They really loved the food…
After the lunch we had a basic WebVR session where the MITS members learn about A-frame in detail also experienced the scenes on VR-Box. I had few swags to give away for the members of MITS which I distributed with them.
Here are the blogpost of some of the participants:
Events Picture : link
More updates to follow….