Hello Mozilla India!
We are inviting all the new developers as well as everyone else interested in contributing, to take part in the A-Frame bug fixing contest. A quick description for those who don’t know, A-Frame is an open-source web framework for building virtual reality experiences for the web. Your tasks will involve checking the open good-first-bugs in the A-Frame framework as well as the A-Frame official website. Bonus points for fixing advanced bugs!  😉
Steps to get started:
- Visit the links  and  and comment “I want to work on this” on the issue you decide to work upon.
- Ask for help if you need. You will get enough help from the A-Frame team as well as the WebVR-India team.
- Fork the repository on GitHub.
- Run npm install and npm run dev to serve the test examples.
- Make changes to your fork of the repository.
- If necessary, write unit tests and run with npm test.
- Submit a pull request to the master branch.
- Address review comments if any.
- Once you have fixed the issue, report it to the community as well, using the issue 33 under volunteer-contributions.
What’s in it for you?
- Contributors who resolve the maximum number of bugs (Top 5), will get a Sony Xperia Z3C to hack and explore!
- Amongst the remaining ones, the contributors who have fixed a minimum of three bugs will get a special T-shirt from WebVR India!
And this doesn’t just end here! While fixing these bugs you will get more familiar with the codebase of A-frame, which will enhance your skills as well as be a great help for the exciting open-source project. As you continue, you will be able to fix a lot more bugs for A-Frame as well as develop for awesome features for the framework. And eventually you become a ‘WebVR Hack Star‘, who can guide others to become like them!
So what are you waiting for, jump on the links right away and get started!
For any queries whatsoever, contact @shaguftamethwani or @mdsbzalam on Telegram