This meeting was to bring together all the contributors of Urdu on a platform to discuss issues and solve problems. Also to decide the plan to create stylesheets, guidelines and active projects we will be focusing on. Following is the meeting note.
L10n Urdu Meeting : 27/10/2019 9:30 PM – 10:30 PM IST
- Faisal Aziz
- Md Aamir Raza
- Manzar Hasnain
- Md Shahbaz Alam
- Tanzeel Khan
- Museb Khalid
- Mahtab Alam
- WhatsApp group for Urdu
- Link: ( Comment to this post, if you want to join the group. Had to remove the link due to privacy )
- Styleguide, Guideline, Glossaries
- Follow Hindi for structure and Arabic(RTL) for style
- Draft: https://github.com/shahbaz17/ur-l10n/blob/master/outline.md
- Should follow: https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/styleguides
- Active Projects which needs our attention
- Firefox, Firefox for Android/iOS, Firefox Account, Firefox Monitor Website
- Connect with L10n PMs to know what they are looking for or active project they want from us
- Product release dates: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=bW96aWxsYS5jb21fZGJxODRhbnI5aTh0Y25taGFiYXRzdHY1Y29AZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
- New Role distribution based on projects
- Understanding Role Guide: https://mozilla-l10n.github.io/localizer-documentation/community/l10n_community_roles.html
- Nominating Localisers for Recognition ( T-shirt and Thank you note 🙂 )
- In process
- Onboard new members
- Plan next meeting( fortnightly / monthly )
- SuMo for Urdu
- In the future, we will. But now our focus is to localize the Firefox product.
- How to bring together both versions of Urdu?
- Through collaboration and understanding, and meeting at least monthly to discuss and plan
- How to convince people to use Firefox products in Urdu?
- Start with demo and ask for feedback
With this I would like to thank our newest contributor to Urdu, Mahtab Alam, he has been in L10n space for a long time, but recently started contributing to Urdu.